11.7.09

Apartheid Museum













I went to the Apartheid Museum two days ago. The Dutch (I like to them them the Hollish because they are from Holland and duh...wouldn't it make more sense if they just added the "ish"); but anyway, they, the Dutch, started Apartheid which separated all the races in South Africa. The museum was interesting & I learned a lot about how bad and violent Apartheid was. When we first arrived my mom and I were each given a separate card, one for whites and one for non-whites (everybody who enters gets one and usually the opposite of who they really are). We each had to enter through different entrances to get a sense of what is what like for each side. Big blown up pictures of people's faces were everywhere. It was weird. I met my mom outside and she had to explain what everything meant.


No comments:

Post a Comment